Terms & Conditions
We last updated our booking terms and conditions on 1st August 2022.
Introduction and references
HollyCottageBreaks.co.uk (“the Website”) is a website owned and operated by Lincoln Property Services Limited, Holly Cottage Breaks also operate and are responsible for the Facebook page and information contained on it, who shall be referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions.
To make it easier to read these terms and conditions there are a number of further definitions which we use:
- “Deposit” means a deposit of 25% of the total holiday accommodation cost (which includes any “extras” selected at the time of booking);
- “Guest” means you and each person going on holiday with you on your booking;
- “Owner” means the owner of the Property you book
- “Property” means the holiday accommodation / Holly Cottage property
- “You” means the Lead person making the booking.
When you make a booking you are confirming that you and every Holidaymaker understands, agrees and accepts these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully,
1. Contract and Booking
We are the Owner, or work directly for the owner of Holly Cottage. Therefore, when you make a booking through us on Facebook or our Website directly, the contract is between you and the Owner of the property.
Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age.
Holly Cottage is meant to be used for the purposes of a holiday / break only, certain group bookings, including for stag and hen dos may not be allowed unless special arrangements are made and confirmed in advance with the Owner.
No bookings are valid until confirmed by us in writing (including by email).
Once a booking is confirmed it cannot be changed by you, unless agreed by the Owner. If the Owner agrees to make requested changes to your booking (for example, changing the lead booker and/or the dates of your holiday) you will be required to pay £25 per change.
2. Deposits, Balance Payments and Holiday Insurance
At the time of making a booking, you will be required to pay a 25% Deposit. The balance will be due no later than 4 weeks before the holiday is due to start.
If you make a booking within 4 weeks of the start of the holiday you will be required to pay for the holiday in full at the time of booking.
We reserve the right to cancel your holiday and re-let any holiday where any payment due is more than 5 days’ late. In these circumstances you will not be entitled to any refund, including the deposit, which is non-refundable.
A £250 security / damage deposit is required, this will be refunded to you on day of departure providing there is no damage beyond wear and tear. It is your responsibility to inform the owner of any damage that occurs during your stay. You should receive the refund within 5 working days of your departure.
3. Owner unable to make the Property available
If the Owner cannot make the Property available to you for your booking due to unforeseen circumstances, we will arrange a refund of all amounts you have paid towards the accommodation cost. We will not be responsible to pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event.
4. Guest Cancellations
If you cancel prior to the holiday arrival date you may be due a partial refund from the Owner.
The refund will depend on the amount of notice you give us before the holiday start date, the refund will be calculated as follows:
- 21 or less days’ notice – No refund due
- 22-35 days’ notice – 10% of the total accommodation cost
- 36-49 days’ notice – 20% of the total accommodation cost
- 50-63 days’ notice – 40% of the total accommodation cost
- More than 63 days’ notice – your liability to pay the balance will be waived, however, the Deposit will not be refunded. If the holiday was paid in full and more than 63 days’ notice is provided then 75% of the accommodation cost will be refunded.
The 25% deposit is non-refundable in all circumstances when you cancel a holiday.
If a refund is due we will aim to return the applicable amount within 10 working days of notification of cancellation.
5. Guests’ responsibilities
You will ensure that you and all Guests will:
- act responsibly and carefully whilst at the Property, abiding by any property specific house rules and leave the Property, and all things in or at it, in the same state of repair and cleanliness as at the start of the holiday;
- report to the Owner any damage or breakages made during the holiday occupancy and pay for damage (wear and tear accepted);
- not smoke inside the Property or hot tub nor allow anyone else to smoke inside the Property or hot tub;
- not allow more than the maximum number of people or pets to stay at the Property as stated (12 People and 2 dogs.)
- at all times comply with any applicable laws and local or Government guidance, and ensure that no guests or pets do anything which is illegal, or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance; Noise must be kept to a reasonable and respectful level after 9:30pm
- not enter the Property before the stated arrival date and time and will leave the Property at or before the stated departure date and time;
- treat people with respect and not act in a way which is abusive, violent, destructive, menacing, or harassing towards an Owner, any member of their team, any member of the community in which the Property is situated, or any of our employees
- secure the Property (including all windows and doors) whenever leaving the Property.
The Hot Tub has specific guidelines and requirements, guests are advised to enter and exit the hot tub carefully. You should consult with a medical professional if you are pregnant, have heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure or any illnesses before entering Hot tub. You are advised to limit your soak to 15 minutes before re-entry. It is recommended that only children over the age of 5 are allowed in hot tubs, however the temperature should be set lower (At around 35 degrees) and soaking time should be limited to 10 minutes to allow their body temperature to regulate. Never leave children unattended whilst in a hot tub or around any water. Dogs are not allowed in the hot tub. Please turn off the jets and replace the spa cover after use.
We, the Owner will be entitled to make a reasonable charge where Guests have failed to comply with these responsibilities in addition to not refunding the security / damage deposit. In serious cases, Guests may have to leave the Property early without any compensation or refund.
6. Owner’s responsibilities
The Owner will ensure that:
- the Property and hot tub is cleaned and ready for the Guests by the stated arrival date and time; Additional daily checks are required to the hot tub, however our team will aim to do this at a convenient time / time to cause minimal disruption
- suitable arrangements are made for you to access the Property;
- they treat all Guests with respect and not act in a way which is abusive, violent, destructive, menacing, or harassing towards any Holidaymaker at their Property;
- they can be easily contacted (at reasonable times) or will provide you with an alternative first point of contact should you have any concerns or queries during your stay;
- they, and the Property, comply with all applicable laws and regulations (including health and safety regulations);
- adequate liability insurance is in place in respect of the Guests’ stay; and
- all Guests will have exclusive access to the Property for the duration of the holiday (although all Guests will allow the Owner or any representative, access to the Property if reasonably required).
Dogs are allowed at Holly Cottage (at an additional charge of £30 per dog)
Registered assistance dogs are allowed in the property
Due to the above mentioned, If any Holidaymaker has an allergy to dogs, They need to understand that the Owners can’t accept responsibility for any suffering which may occur as a result of such animals having been present in the property.
The following dog terms apply:
- Dogs must be under control at all times while in or at the Property;
- Any fouling must be cleared up.
- The dog owner must bring the dog’s bed or basket for sleeping in and ideally dogs will not go upstairs at Holly Cottage;
- Dogs must not be left alone in or at the Property;
- Dogs must not lie on beds or other furnishings, and dog hair should be cleared up as much as possible before guest departure;
- Dog owners must ensure that their pets are free from parasites and fleas before they occupy the Property. Failure to do so may incur subsequent cleaning and fumigation charges;
- You will be liable for any damage caused by any Guests’ dogs. Any damage is to be reported to the Owner (or their representative) immediately. Any additional cleaning required, that may incur an additional charge, will be at the Owner’s discretion.
If you break these terms, the Owner (including their representative) may notify you that you have broken these terms and may cancel the booking and ask that the Guests leave the Property before the end of the holiday period without compensation, or that they pay an additional reasonable cleaning / repair charge.
8. VAT and IPT
All prices quoted include VAT and Insurance Premium Tax where applicable.
9. Property Information for Marketing purposes
The Owner has produced the information on the Website and Facebook page as accurately as possible. However, amenities or appliances may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside of their control.
We make every effort to ensure that our Property details are accurately displayed on our Website, AirBnB and Facebook pages and that the pricing and availability of the Property is correct. Mistakes may occur from time to time, and we reserve the right to rectify errors (including any pricing errors) within 5 business days of you making your booking.
Confirmation should be requested prior to booking if there is any particular detail or facility that is important to you. When you make a booking the Guests accept that minor differences between text/photographs/illustrations in the brochure and on the Website and the actual Property may arise.
10. Complaints procedure / Feedback / Reviews
If you have any complaint concerning the Property, the matter should be taken up with the Owner (or the local point of contact provided to you) first. The Owner should do their best to resolve your complaint, where possible. It is important to raise any complaint while you are still at the Property.
The email address for communication is email@example.com
Please, where possible provide feedback and reviews on the sites in which you have booked your stay.
11. Communication with you and data
We will process your personal data for the purposes of your stay only. We do not share your personal details with any third party.
All electronic data transferred pursuant to these terms and conditions remains our property and may not be replicated in part or whole without our prior written permission. Electronic data will not be preserved indefinitely by us.
12. Limitation of Liabilities and Legal
The contract to occupy the Property is made on the basis that the Property is to be occupied by the Guests for a holiday (as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 or similar legislation in other jurisdictions).
When making a booking, you acknowledge on behalf of all Guests that the tenancy granted by these terms and conditions is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
Once you have made a booking there is no “cooling off” period as the contract you have made is for accommodation services for a specific period of performance. You can see further details in the section “When you don’t get 14 days to cancel” on the citizen’s advice bureau website here.
We accept no responsibility for personal injury to, or death of, Guests or anyone they invite to the Property, or loss of or consequential loss or damage to their property, or for other matters over which we have no control.
The Lead person making the booking must sign below to confirm you have read and agree to the above Terms and Conditions, and also complete the personal information form.